Did you know that more than half of all Americans either own or work for a small business? (That’s according to the folks with the facts at HUD.) That’s why Direct Auto & Life Insurance is proud to recognize the hardworking men and women of the small business community. In honor of Small Business Week 2016 (May 1-7), we’d like to share why we love small business owners.
- It takes courage to start a small business – It’s true! Striking out on your own to start a company can be a scary proposition. The entrepreneurs who create their own opportunities know what it means to be brave.
- Small business owners work (really) hard – Not only does it take guts to start a small business, but it also takes stamina and endurance. People who run their own company work hard for their success, and that can mean lots of long hours and tough days.
- They have to learn a little about everything – Anyone who runs a small business has to become an expert in everything from finance and accounting, to plumbing and repair work. At the end of the day, the many hats they wear make them adaptable and resilient.
- Optimism is a required personality trait – It takes a positive outlook to start your own business. Sure, you might catch a grumpy small business owner on a bad day once in awhile, but taking the leap into starting a business requires some serious “glass half full” thinking.
- Because every large business was once a small one – Fortune 500 companies don’t usually start out that large or successful. They usually start out with few people who have good ideas and the skills to make those ideas a reality. Some of today’s small businesses will be tomorrow’s international powerhouses.
At Direct Auto, we offer products that can help small businesses protect themselves. With products like affordable commercial car insurance, we are glad to play a part in the success of America’s small businesses.
*Material in these articles is for general information or entertainment purposes only. Direct General does not endorse and is not affiliated with any of the companies or apps listed above. Direct General is not responsible or liable for the availability of links to websites or resources, or for any content, advertising, products, services or other materials on or available through these websites or resources. Any references to third party rates or products are subject to change without notice. Trademarks are property of their respective owners.