Get the whole gang into the holiday spirit with this festive Christmas tree chicken parmesan dish!
A few snips here and there is all it takes to bring a little magic of the season to this family favorite. You can even get the kids in on the action! Watch the short video below to see how to make Christmas tree chicken parmesan for your family this holiday season.
How to Make: Christmas Tree Chicken Parmesan
- pasta sauce
- spaghetti noodles
- chicken strips
- sliced mozzarella cheese
- 1 egg
- basil leaves
- tree cookie cutter
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Separate the egg white into a bowl and lightly beat it. Pour the breadcrumbs in a separate bowl.
- Dip a chicken strip into the egg batter. Then, coat with breadcrumbs and place on a baking sheet. Repeat until each chicken strip is coated in breadcrumbs and ready to bake.
- Bake the chicken strips for 20 minutes at 400 degrees.
- Heat spaghetti sauce on medium heat. Cook noodles in a separate pot and strain.
- Add a hearty bed of spaghetti noodles to a plate and top with pasta sauce. Then, place two baked chicken strips on top of the pasta and cover each with a fresh basil leaf.
- Use the cookie cutter to cut a tree shape out of the mozzarella slices. Place a slice of mozzarella over each basil leaf and serve.
Adapted from: Parenting.com
Here’s to a happy holiday season at your family’s dinner table this year! For even more yummy and affordable dinner ideas, visit Direct’s YouTube channel.