Now that school is back in session, how would you describe mornings for you and your family? Peaceful? Serene? Calm? Yeah, we didn’t think so. For most of us, mornings are chaotic and rushed—a far cry from what we’re used to seeing in those Folgers® commercials where folks have time to watch the sun rise and listen to the birds chirp while peacefully enjoying their first cup of coffee one sip at a time.
Instead, they usually involve a flurry of mismatched shoes, burnt toast, and forgotten lunchboxes. If that scene sounds familiar to you, then keep reading for some great tips to help you start the day off right. These busy morning hacks from Huffington Post are sure to help you and the rest of the crew get ready and out the door faster!
- Create an irresistible morning playlist. Cranking some tunes you (and the kids) will enjoy is a fun way to combat grogginess and get moving. Fun Tip: Include just enough songs so that the length of the playlist is the same as the amount of time everyone has to get ready and challenge yourselves to finish before the music ends!
- Plan ahead your outfits for the whole week. Picking out what everyone will wear the night before is a time-tested trick. You can take it up a notch by planning a week’s worth of outfits in advance and saving yourself more time to enjoy during the evenings. Try using space saving plastic bags to sort the clothes and keep them wrinkle-free.
- Wear your bathrobe over your clothes. This one’s especially helpful for the moms out there! Whether it’s loose powder or spilled food, throwing a robe on over your clothes is a super easy way to save yourself from potential wardrobe disasters while you’re getting ready.
- Use a morning checklist. A great idea for keeping the kiddos on track, a checklist or to-do list can help sleepy ones remember exactly what they need to do. Make it interactive by using fun stickers or assigning a special color crayon for checking off their tasks.
- Set up a lunch prep station. Having everything you need in one place makes packing lunches quick and easy! Designate a spot in the kitchen to organize all of the lunch-making and –packing materials: containers, plastic baggies, wrapped snacks, lunchboxes, and whatever else doesn’t have to be refrigerated.
Is there a tip or trick you use to stay organized and on time each morning? Comment below and share your secrets to a.m. success!
*Material in these articles is for general information or entertainment purposes only. Direct General does not endorse and is not affiliated with any of the other companies or apps listed in this article. Direct General is not responsible or liable for the availability of links to websites or resources, or for any content, advertising, products, services or other materials on or available through these websites or resources. Any references to third party rates or products are subject to change without notice. Trademarks are property of their respective owners.