According to U.S. News & World Report and Rent.com, the best times for renters to move are between May and September. If you’re one of the many people moving this year, here are a few tips to help you get busy planning your move now! So get moving and beat the rush!
Need affordable auto insurance? Direct Auto & Life Insurance can help with the heavy lifting by making sure you have the right coverage to fit your needs. Find out more by visiting www.directgeneral.com.
Save yourself time, money and avoid any last minute hassles by following our moving made easy checklist!
- Make your checklist. Don’t wait to plan the day of your move. Make it easier on yourself and plan ahead so that when moving day arrives, ll you have to do is move!
- Get covered. Make sure you have the appropriate renters’ insurance or home owner’s insurance before you move in to avoid any unforeseen accidents.
- Lighten your load. Not sure what you can do with that lava lamp or silly yard gnome?
- Host a yard sale and use the extra cash towards your move!
- Box it up. Repurpose any durable boxes you have lying around, suitcases or storage bins to pack your stuff.
- Get packing. Use tissue paper, newspaper or old clothes to wrap around any breakable items.
- Move it! Be sure you wear comfortable clothes, ask your friends or family to help, and as a thank you, offer to chip in for lunch!