According to BreastCancer.org, around 85% of breast cancers occur in women who have no family history of breast cancer. In fact, the majority of breast cancer is more likely to develop from genetic mutations as a result of aging and life in general, rather than inherited mutations. A disease that affects so many lives, Direct Auto & Life Insurance would like to take a moment and recognize Breast Cancer Awareness Month by spreading the word on how to show your support with these easy affordable ideas.
Check out these various organizations who are in the fight to save lives in the battle against breast cancer. Here are several ways to get involved:
- Host a Car Wash: Get back to basics and scrub away cancer by hosting a neighborhood car wash to raise money for donations.
- Plan a Pink Party: Host a pink party with pink lemonade and baked goods. Have a pumpkin carving or decorating contest to support the pink cause. Educate friends and family about how they can help
- Walk and Run: Join a breast cancer awareness walk in your city. The Susan G. Komen Foundation hosts in various cities their popular “Race for the Cure” in October.
- Go Pink: October is the time to get in touch with your pink side. Let others know you care by wearing pink.
- Volunteer: Ask around in your local community to see if your church or schools are doing anything for the cause. Reach out to one of the foundations or organizations involved in fighting breast cancer to see how you can help.
During the month of October, encourage your friends and family to look into their options for their free annual breast cancer screenings. If you’re planning to apply for health insurance during the Affordable Care Act Open Enrollment period this year (Nov. 1-Dec. 15), Direct Auto can help you get started finding a health insurance plan and carrier that’s right for you. Visit our website to learn more about health insurance plans with top-rated carriers or call 1-855-851-0919 for more information.
If you need assistance with auto or life insurance protection for your family, give Direct a call at 1-877-463-4732.