It’s the most wonderful time of the year! The holiday season is the perfect time to curl up to watch Christmas movies with your family. Make your own holiday movie list, check it twice, and be sure you don’t miss out on these favorite JJ Hightail films! Not only are they wildly funny and entertaining Christmas movies, but they also have some great lessons for anyone on the road!
1. Home Alone– Whether you remember this movie as Macaulay Culkin’s breakout role or the story of a parent’s worst nightmare, it’s safe to say we can all learn that it’s important to slow down and not rush out the door, just in case you forget something, or someone! Many auto accidents happen during rush hour and when people are in a hurry. Before you end up in an accident, make sure you have an Emergency Protection Plan to help cover any unexpected costs of an accident.
More practically speaking, for people with facial hair like JJ Hightail, it’s also good to remember that aftershave can sting! On a more serious note, teaching your kids what to do in case of an emergency and how to deal with strangers is something we can all agree is an important life lesson.
2. Elf– Direct and JJ Hightail are very fond of elves and the joy they spread! In the movie, Buddy the elf loves singing aloud in public and giving hugs. Wherever he goes he smiles, showing that smiling can help get you through the ups and downs in life. Like Buddy, JJ loves spreading the Christmas spirit. If your car breaks down like Santa’s sleigh in the movie, be sure you have backup. Direct’s Roadside Assistance can give you peace of mind when the unexpected interrupts your trip.
3. National Lampoon’s Christmas Vacation-A Chevy Chase classic, Chevy’s character Clark Griswold means well, but learns the hard way about what it means to have true Christmas spirit. Be wary of Christmas tree lights and fire hazards, and remember, less is more! JJ also loves the appearance of “ugly” or “tacky” Christmas sweaters, reminding everyone that they are a definite MUST when it comes to holiday fashion. Clark teaches us you never know when accidents can happen-so why not give the gift of Life Insurance to make sure you and your family are protected!
4. The Santa Clause-Whether you were a fan of the former TV show Home Improvement, or of Tim Allen in general, watching this movie and the TV show can teach you how to “Ho. Ho, Ho,” like Tim and Santa Clause! JJ loves this movie because it shows how giving and joyful Scott Calvin becomes on his journey to being Santa. Not to mention, JJ would love to take Santa’s sled for a test drive…Let’s just say, hopefully Santa has car insurance! Insure your ride with Direct Auto Insurance.
5. A Christmas Story– Not only will this movie make you feel the cold temperatures, but it will also show you what really happens if you lick frozen metal objects when it’s cold outside. And while Ralphie’s pink bunny outfit may not be fashionable, on the other hand, JJ would agree that like a racecar suit, it’s a great way to stay warm. While these scenes are funny and memorable, we also learn that BB guns are not toys! On a more serious note, if you’re in an accident on the road and you encounter unexpected medical bills, Direct’s Accident Medical Expense could help supplement some of those costs to help you get back on your feet faster.
What’s your favorite holiday movie? Let us know in the comments below!
If you don’t have a lot of money to spend on presents for the holiday, invest in what matters most-protecting you and your family. Direct provides affordable Auto & Life insurance to former and new customers. You’re guaranteed the right coverage and flexible payment options regardless of your driving history! Call 1-877-GO-DIRECT (1-877-463-4732) today to learn more!