When it comes to saving you money, smartphones can be a wonderful tool. This list of free money-saving apps will help lighten the load on your wallet.
Deals and Discounts
- ShopKick – Here’s how to master the savings on Shopkick: 1. Browse sales and deals on the app. 2. Earn kicks at participating stores by walking in, scanning products in the app, or making a purchase. 3. Redeem your kicks for a gift card. Simple as that!
- RetailMeNot – So. Many. Coupons. RetailMeNot offers hundreds of thousands of coupons from tens of thousands of stores. No clipping required. Find a discount, show your screen at checkout, and save.
- Cartwheel – Target’s mobile savings app lets you save and stack (yep, stack!) in-store discounts. And the more you use the app, the more savings you can earn.
- LivingSocial – Snag local deals on goodies, events, and services right in your neighborhood when you shop the LivingSocial app.
- Groupon – Much like its name suggests, coupons + groups = Groupon. Snatch up deals on everything from concerts to restaurants to massages.
- Ibotta – Get cash back on purchases you’re already making, like items on your grocery list, for example. Download the app to unlock your rebates now!
- Walmart – With Walmart’s mobile app, you’ll be certain you got one of the best deals in town. If a local competitor has a lower advertised price, you’ll get a gift card in the app for the amount of the difference.
- The Amazon App – Ever turned over a price tag and asked yourself, “I wonder if I can get a better deal online?” With The Amazon App’s price checking feature, you can scan a barcode and compare prices of over 2 million online sellers.
- GasBuddy – Another price checking app, GasBuddy not only lets you compare prices from all the nearest gas stations but it will even give you turn-by-turn directions to the gas station you select.
- RepairPal – With RepairPal in your pocket, you can alleviate some of your worries about getting ripped off when you take your car to the shop. According to RepairPal, you’ll have access to impartial, fair price estimates and customer reviews so you can make an educated decision about where to have your car repaired, potentially saving you cash in the long run.
- DirectDrive® – We may be biased, but we’re certain we saved the best for last. Not only does the app tell you how to improve your driving habits and give you 24/7 access to your digital Direct Auto insurance ID card, but you can earn up to $10 a month for using your safe driving skills.*
Do you use any money-saving apps? Have a favorite app we should add to the list? Tell us about it in the comments below!
*Use of the DirectDrive App is subject to terms and conditions. For more information visit directgeneral.com/directdrive.com
*Material in these articles is for general information or entertainment purposes only. Direct General does not endorse and is not affiliated with any of the companies or apps listed in this article. Direct General is not responsible or liable for the availability of links to websites or resources, or for any content, advertising, products, services or other materials on or available through these websites or resources. Any references to third party rates or products are subject to change without notice. Trademarks are property of their respective owners.